Charles Barkley praises Eagles during celebration, tells reporter 'I want to go finish getting drunk'

Eagles fans had a celebration for the ages Sunday night after their team's win in the NFC championship, with some climbing greased street poles, and one even riding a dune buggy up the iconic "Rocky" steps.

Right there enjoying it all was former NBA star and current broadcaster Charles Barkley, a longtime Eagles fan. NBC 10 Philadelphia reporter Aaron Baskerville caught up with Barkley amid the pandemonium after the game. After praising the Eagles for a couple of minutes, Barkley and the reporter decided to call it a wrap, with Barkley joking, "I'm tired of you now, I want to go finish getting drunk."

You can't blame Barkley for being excited about the Eagles' big win. A longtime star with the 76ers, Barkley admitted that Philly has always been an "Eagles city."

"I'm happy for the city of Philadelphia," Barkely told NBC 10. "I've been here since 1984 and the Sixers have been great a couple of times, the Phillies have won a World Championship, but this is an Eagles city."

Philadelphia is headed to the Super Bowl for the first time since the 2004 season and will face the Patriots, who beat them in Super Bowl 39. Barkley said no one saw this year's Super Bowl run coming when quarterback Carson Wentz's MVP-caliber season was derailed by a season-ending ACL injury in Week 14.

"Gotta give a lot of love to Nick Foles because once Carson got hurt, there's not a single person on television, which is my job. I get paid to talk, there's not a single person who picked the Eagles to go to the Super Bowl," Barkley said.

Just a hunch here, but don't be surprised to see Sir Charles in Minneapolis cheering on the Eagles