The goalkeeper says that the Portuguese superstar is playing at the peak of his powers right now, while he is also thrilled by Los Blancos' run of eight consecutive wins

Iker Casillas believes that Cristiano Ronaldo is in better form than Lionel Messi heading into Saturday's Clasico at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Ronaldo has scored 20 times in 12 games this season for Real Madrid, compared to Messi's nine goals in 11 matches.

Casillas lauded the Ballon d'Or holder and says that Carlo Ancelotti's men are flexible enough to weather a tough campaign, having shown perfect form over the last six weeks.

"Ronaldo is better than Messi - he is in brilliant form at the moment," Madrid captain Casillas told Canal Plus. "I only want to think about our team, though.

"Our dynamic is: win, win, win. Now the world will be watching, but we are at home [against Barca] and our goal is to come away with all three points.

"We are in top form heading into the Clasico, having had eight consecutive victories. We are comfortable in any system - 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 - we know we have a great team and that's what will lead us to fight for everything this season."

Real Madrid head into the Clasico on the back of a comfortable 3-0 win over Liverpool in Wednesday's Champions League clash at Anfield, with Casillas having equalled Barca veteran Xavi's all-time appearances record in the process.

"When I made my debut in 1999 against Olympiakos, I did not dream I was going to play so many games in the Champions League," the goalkeeper added. I will be proud of for life"

"Credit to the fans of Liverpool, they gave us a magnificent treatment, and thanks also our fans who came to see us and support us."

Madrid can cut the deficit at the top of La Liga to just one point with a home win over Barca on Saturday, or could alternatively fall seven points behind Luis Enrique's men if they lose.