The former Chelsea manager admits that he wants to return to English football but will not take on a managerial role before the start of next season.

Carlo Ancelotti has admitted he would love to return to the Premier League next season.

The Italian, who was sacked by Real Madrid at the end of the 2014-15 campaign, spent two years in charge of Chelsea between 2009 and 2011.

With his former club languishing in 16th place under Jose Mourinho this term, Ancelotti has been linked with a possible return to Stamford Bridge.

But while the 56-year-old claimed that he is eyeing a move back to England, he insisted that he would not take a job this season.

"I had a fantastic experience in France and Spain," Ancelotti told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"The most important thing is to start; to find a club with a good project and be competitive. If it's in England, it's better.

"I will stay out until the end of the season and try to find another club next season.

"Not just in England, it can be in another country, but my idea is not to start now."