PERSPECTIVE is something Cameron Bancroft has immersed himself in since the ball-tampering scandal that rocked his promising cricket career.

And giving his time to Telethon yesterday reflected the more selfless attitude he has adopted in rebuilding his life on and off the field.

Bancroft, Australian captain Steve Smith and his deputy David Warner were all banned from the game after being caught altering the condition of the ball with sandpaper during a Test match series in South Africa in March.

But the relaxed 25-year-old yesterday looked like a man well in control of his life.

“One of my favourite quotes that someone mentioned to me quite recently by St Francis of Assisi was that ‘It is in giving that we receive’,” Bancroft said.

“I think it’s a beautiful quote and that’s what humankind is on this Earth for — to be able to give to others and I think that really enriches everyone’s lives. It’s beautiful to be able to see all the people here giving to something greater than themselves.”

Bancroft, who is free to rejoin the Perth Scorchers in late December, said he had recently been affected by spending time with Broome-based Kyle Andrews Foundation, named after a boy who lost his battle with cancer at just 11 years of age.

“It’s a beautiful foundation and Telethon is exactly the same — it’s amazing to see the good hearts people have out there,” he said.