Burnley star Danny Ings insists he is continuing to ignore speculation about his future, as he aims to be fully fit ahead of the Premier League season.

The England Under-21 striker is being strongly linked with a move away from Turf Moor with Southampton and Newcastle amongst those said to be showing a strong interest.

But Ings, 21, insists he is focused on being fully fit for his debut campaign in the top flight.

“I just stay away from all of that, I don’t find it hard to deal with, I just ignore it," he told the Lancashire Telegraph.

“There’s speculation all the time, but I’m contracted to Burnley and I’m just concentrating on my football.”

Ings is working hard on his fitness as he aims to be in top shape ahead of the new season, and he is training himself before pre-season begins.

“I’m in better shape going into this year so hopefully I can become even stronger ready for the start of the season, because we’re playing better players this year so I need to improve," he said.

“Personally I didn’t come back as fit as I wanted to for last pre-season but I was transformed during pre-season and by the start of the season I was in the best shape of my life.

“During the season you get niggles here and there, I had a couple of ankle injuries, but I was in the best shape of my life last year.”