Emerging tennis star and fashionista Katie Boulter’s meteoric rise took her all the way to the top of RAC Arena this week.

The glamorous Brit made her Hopman Cup debut on Saturday and returns to the court today against tennis legend Roger Federer and his Swiss teammate Belinda Bencic ahead of Monday’s New Year’s Eve’s gala at Crown Perth.

Boulter’s on-court prowess saw the 22-year-old break into the top 100 for the first time in 2018. The Nike cover girl, who boasts 60,000 Instagram followers, appeared in British Vogue this year and is nearly as keen on fashion as forehands.

“I have a lot of time for fashion, it is something I would definitely be in if it wasn’t for tennis,” she said. “I actually chose to wear a Ralph & Russo dress (to the Hopman Cup Ball) because it is a British brand that originated in Australia and I wanted to connect the two.”

Boulter has previously visited Perth on two occasions, once with her mother as a young child and again more recently to play in a Challenger tournament. She said she was making the most of the warm weather after spending Christmas in the UK.

“I haven’t done much besides going to the beach and I’m definitely planning to see some of the wildlife and spend a lot more time on the beach,” she said. “We also did go down into the city and saw some of the shops — it is such a beautiful area.”

Boulter has carved out a tennis career despite battling chronic fatigue that limits her practice time and said she would have a lot to reflect on at tomorrow’s Hopman Cup Ball.

“I think this year just shows how if you keep going and keep working hard then it will eventually come through,” she said. “I’ve had a lot of ups and downs and problems with my health but this year has been great.”