It will be on for young and old when the Brisbane Heat unleash their new-look batting line-up in their Big Bash League opener against Adelaide Strikers at the Gabba.

Heat captain Chris Lynn tipped 19-year-old Max Bryant to be inspired by “old boy” Brendon McCullum and tee off against the defending BBL champions on Wednesday night.

Bryant has been welcomed into the Heat top three this summer by Lynn and former Black Caps star McCullum as a fellow “Bash Brother” after announcing his arrival in the recent domestic one-day tournament.

The teenager thrashed a half century against South Australia off 23 balls - the fastest in Queensland Bulls history.

Lynn hoped it was a sign of things to come in the BBL, tipping Bryant to find another gear alongside veteran master blaster McCullum at the top of the Heat order.

“He’s exciting, gives the ball a good whack. I just want him to keep calm, keep things simple like Brendon,” Lynn said.

“If he can follow suit we can ride the wave with each other’s success.

“But we know not all three of us are going to come off in the first game.”

Lynn said 37-year-old Kiwi McCullum would be just as influential on the Heat this season despite passing over the captaincy reins.

“The old boy is still throwing himself around at training. It’s always great to have him back on board, the energy he brings is really important,” he said. “He will play a big part in me skippering this side. Over the last couple of years we have been helping each other out (with captaincy).“And he’s in good nick at the moment, the old fella.”

Lynn hoped Brisbane’s new-look “Bash Brothers” found immediate success by punishing Queensland quicks Billy Stanlake and Michael Neser, who will spearhead the Strikers’ attack.“They have had success before against us so we will try and throw a punch back at them,” he said.

“Billy is in for a show and obviously Brendon, Maxy and myself love pace on the ball.“It will be an exciting contest. Hopefully there are balls flying around the park.”