Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists he will not be signing Mario Balotelli this summer.

Rodgers praised the AC Milan striker earlier this week, which led to speculation he could sign the former Manchester City striker.

The Liverpool boss has already signed Lille striker Divock Origi and Southampton's Rickie Lambert to help plug the gap left by Luis Suarez's departure, but he is adamant Balotelli will not be swapping Milan for Merseyside.

"I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool," Rodgers said ahead of Liverpool's game against Manchester United in Miami.

"In my last press conference I was asked a question about Mario Balotelli and I talked about what a talent he was and what an excellent player he was and the next day it was wrote as if we were signing him.

"I just gave my perception of him as a player. It shouldn't be transmitted in to us signing the player."

As well as Origi and Lambert, Rodgers has added Emre Can, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and Lazar Markovic so far this summer and he admits he would like to continue his rebuilding.

Sevilla's Alberto Moreno and Atletico Madrid defender Javier Manquillo have been linked and Rodgers added: "We still have a few bits and pieces we would like to do to solidify the group, but there's no names or definite signings yet."