Booker T is looking to go from scissor-kicking opponents in the ring to cutting deficits in Houston.

The former WWE superstar and five-time (five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time) WCW champion announced via his Twitter account that he's running for mayor of Houston, the town in which he was born and raised.

SN EXCLUSIVE: Bobby Roode discusses jump from TNA to WWE

Huffman is starting his campaign early; the election isn't until 2019.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Follow
Booker T. Huffman ✔ @bookerT5x
I am pleased to announce that I am running for Mayor of Houston.
10:01 PM - 13 Dec 2016
2,158 2,158 Retweets 3,273 3,273 likes
Booker T, full name Booker T. Huffman, came to wrestling prominence in the '90s as one half of the villanous "Harlem Heat" tag team alongside Stevie Ray. Huffman went on to earn multiple titles during the height of WCW's glory days, during the infamous "Monday Night Wars" with WWF.

MORE: Athletes who became politicians

When WCW was purchased by Vince McMahon in the early 2000s, Huffman continued his career with WWE that eventually culminated in a WWE Hall of Fame enshrinement in 2013.

Huffman joins former fellow grapplers Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Bob Backlund, Terry "Rhyno" Gerrin and others who have attempted to parlay a wrestling career into political office.

The one positive that can come out of this is an infinite amount of spinneroonies coming out of city hall, arguments ending in "Tell me you didn't just say that . . ." and scissor kicks to political opponents.

Now, can you dig that?