CARLTON has ditched its maligned "wolf grey" clash jumper, reverting back to a predominantly all-white change strip ahead of the 2019 season.

The silver-grey jumper, designed by Nike, was worn for a handful of away games last year and drew outrage from Blues supporters – in addition to senior coach Brendon Bolton – who pleaded with the club to stick to its customary navy blue and white colours.

Carlton great Robert Walls described it as "insipid" and "disgraceful", leading to Bolton saying, "I agree, I don't like the jumper. I like navy blue and the white emblem on the front."

The Blues have since moved to design a new clash jumper for next season, which will revert back to being all-white with a navy blue emblem on the front – similar to the change strip worn by the club from 2007 to 2010, then again from 2013 to 2017.

"We've taken on board the subsequent feedback received during the year from our members and supporters in relation to the grey clash guernsey, with the preference being to see the Blues play in our traditional navy and white," Carlton CEO Cain Liddle said.

"We've listened to our stakeholders and as we've done in previous years, we'll be running out in a predominantly white clash jumper next season.

"Naturally we would always prefer to wear our iconic navy blue jumper, however we are directed by the AFL on when we are unable to do so and clash games are an example of this.

"That being said, whenever we are unable to wear our traditional navy blue, we will be reverting to the traditional white clash."