BERNARD Tomic has qualified for the second time in as many tournaments, raising hopes of another rankings rise.

The former world No 17 is among three Australians to reach the main draw at the Libema Open in Rosmalen in the Netherlands, jumping 25 places to No 181 in the process.

The Queenslander beat American Tim Smyczek 6-4 6-2 to join fellow qualifiers Alex Bolt and Max Purcell in the main draw.

Tomic defied the odds to qualify at the French Open before falling in the first round on his least favoured surface.

South Australia’s Bolt downed Dutchman Miliaan Niesten 6-3 6-3 in Holland before Purcell claimed and all-Australian battle 6-4 7-6 (7-1) over John-Patrick Smith.

The pair - and Tomic - joins Matt Ebden in the main draw.

Bolt will contest doubles in Holland this week with Davis Cup captain Lleyton Hewitt.

But there are injury worries for Jordan Thompson and James Duckworth approaching Wimbledon next month.

James Duckworth retired in the final of a Turkish Futures tournament, while Thompson couldn’t completed qualifying at the Libema Open.

With Nick Kyrgios and John Millman in the main draw at the Mercedes Cup in Stuttgart, Alex De Minaur has broken into the top 100 for the first time by reaching the Surbiton final.

De Minaur lost 64 46 62 to Frenchman Jeremy Chardy.

“It’s always bittersweet when you play a great tournament but don’t manage to get it done at the end,” he said.

“It’s happened to me a couple of times now but it just means I need to get back out there, work harder and get better.

“I’m very happy with my level throughout the whole week. Jeremy was too good today and he deserved to win after playing a great third set.”