Sixers rookie Ben Simmons and Raptors guard Kyle Lowry felt the need to have a conversation Monday afternoon. It was not a cordial one.

With less than 10 seconds on the clock and a Sixers victory well in hand, Simmons and Lowry had to be separated by their teammates and the officiating crew following a brief altercation near midcourt. Both players were ejected from the game, but it didn't stop there.

Simmons pointed toward the hallway in a manner that suggested Lowry should meet him in the back to sort out their differences.

There were conflicting reports after the game as to whether Simmons and Lowry actually crossed paths.

When asked about the confrontation, Simmons said he just went to the locker room and didn't see Lowry. Simmons didn't understand what caused tempers to flare, but he made it clear he wasn't prepared to back down.

"I don't know if they're trying to test me, or see how I am on the court, but I won't play around," Simmons said. "I'm not gonna take s— from anybody."

The Sixers held off the Raptors in the fourth quarter to capture a 117-111 win. Unfortunately, Philly and Toronto won't meet again in the regular season, so we'll have to hope for a playoff series.