Eden Hazard has joked that Belgium will have “no problem” seeing off England at the World Cup next year.

The Chelsea attacker’s national side have been paired with the Three Lions at Russia 2018 and will meet in Group G along with Tunisia and Panama.

The Belgian, though, has joked that the challenge of Gareth Southgate’s men is not something that worries his squad.

While being interviewed on Sky Sports after the match, Cesc Fabregas was asked to assess Spain’s prospects and said: "It’s not bad.

Fabregas added, nodding to Hazard, who was standing to his right: “It’s a decent group, and hopefully we can go through and get some other big games like these guys against England.”

At this point, the 26-year-old interrupted: “No, for Belgium it’s easy. No problem!

“I’m joking, I’m joking! It’s a tough game. All the teams in the World Cup deserve to be there and they are top teams, so we’ll see what happens.”

He added to BBC Radio 5 Live: "I spoke with [England defender and Chelsea captain] Gary Cahill yesterday. I think it’s a good group for us, a tough game [vs England].

"But it’s the World Cup, you never know what will happen, we will see there."

Hazard starred in Saturday's 3-1 victory over Newcastle United, scoring twice to enable Chelsea to recover from going a goal down early in the Premier League game.