Shaun Marsh looks to have kept his Test cricket career afloat but Marcus Harris reckons there's plenty of water to go under the bridge before he enters Australian reckoning.

Marsh, Harris, Jake Lehmann and Sam Heazlett are the big personal winners from the JLT Sheffield Shield round that ended on Sunday.

Marsh started Western Australia's clash with Tasmania in a familiar position, with pundits calling for the end of his Test career.

But after making just 14 runs in four knocks in the series against Pakistan, Marsh took a clear goal into the Shield game: have fun.

"It has been a tough few weeks over in Pakistan and I just wanted to come home and get back to enjoying it out there and having a bit of fun," Marsh said after banking scores of 80 and 98 for WA.

As Marsh returned to form, Victoria opener Harris pushed his name into the Test selection conversation with a superb 250 not out against NSW.

But after carrying his bat through Victoria's innings, Harris said his focus was on his state, not a potential Australian call-up for the Test series against India starting on December 6.

"There's plenty of water to go under the bridge," Harris said.

"My main focus is trying to win games for Victoria. If we do that, the other stuff will take care of itself."

In Adelaide, SA's Lehmann produced a classy 126 against Queensland as Test hopeful Matthew Renshaw failed twice, making three and a duck.

But Lehmann said he wasn't buying into speculation about his chances of following his father Darren in earning a baggy green cap.

"Mate, to be honest with you, it's all hype," Lehmann said.

"That (speculation) is all part of playing cricket. And, if you can't just focus on what you have got to do within this (Shield) game ... you're probably looking to far ahead."

In the same match, Queenslander Heazlett soaked up 356 balls to deny the Resbacks any chance of victory, finishing the match unbeaten on 118.

Test incumbents Travis Head and Marnus Labuschagne, who made their debuts in the Pakistan series, failed to emphatically further their cases to retain their Australian spots.

SA skipper Head made 16 in his sole innings, while Labuschagne scored three and 28.

And fringe Test batsman Peter Handscomb was kicking himself for getting out to a rash shot when on 48 against the Blues.

"I'm trying not to focus on the one ball I stuffed up and focus more on the 79 that I played really well," he said.