Barcelona prospect Oriol Busquets revealed that he burst into tears when Sol Campbell gave Arsenal the lead in the 2006 Champions League final.

Busquets, 18, broke into the Catalans' first team midweek when he made his debut during a routine Copa del Rey victory over Murcia.

While there is no relation between the teenager and Barca's midfield stalwart, Busquets' stylish passing in the middle of the pitch has drawn obvious comparisons with Sergio, and he is considered one of the most promising talents to have come out of La Masia in recent years.
But as Oriol Busquets admitted, his first memories as a Barca fan were not particularly positive.

"That game [the 2006 final] is my first Barca memory," the youngster explained. "I cried after Arsenal's goal".

Fortunately for Barca and their infant fan, goals from Samuel Eto'o and Juliano Belletti turned the encounter in the Catalans' favour with a 2-1 triumph. Now Busquets is determined to emulate his namesake at Camp Nou.

"Back then I used to watch Deco a lot but right now Sergio Busquets is my role model," he added.

"I am a powerful central midfielder, I help to bring the ball out from the back and I have great stamina."

With Barcelona already assured of first place in their Champions League group, Busquets is also in contention for minutes in this week's clash against Sporting following his senior debut.

When asked about his Blaugrana bow the youngster affirmed that he was content with his display: "I would have settled for a debut like that prior to the match.

"You try not to think about it too much and when it happens you have to try and enjoy it as much as you can.

"[Coach Ernesto Valverde] just told me to stay calm and do all the things I know on the pitch.