Anyone thinking Australia will receive an advantage from the pace and bounce in Perth for the second Test may need to think again.

The West may have long been a happy hunting ground for Australia’s quicks who terrorised batsmen at the pace-friendly WACA over decades.

Sparkly new venue Perth Stadium will now host the city’s Test cricket, although early signs suggest its wicket pays homage to the speed haven opposite the Swan River.

Even so, Australia should not expect business as usual in the Western Australia capital.

So impressive was India’s pace attack in Adelaide that it could be the hosts left quaking at the knees when they take to the crease from Friday.

There’s a reason Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami and Ishant Sharma are considered to be part of India’s best-ever visiting pace cartel.

It’s a title they lived up to in Adelaide where the pace trio comfortably outperformed Australia’s in almost every facet of fast bowling.

Bumrah, Shami and Sharma found more swing and seam, were more accurate, more consistent and, most importantly, more prolific. They took 14 wickets at 23.8 in the first Test, while Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins only took 11 at 27.45.

The only ball-tracking metric Australia bettered India in was speed, and it only did so by 1km/h (142.6 to 141.6).

So it stands to reason that on form, it is in fact India who has more to gain when the Test show heads West.

That’s what Fox Cricket commentators Harsha Bhogle and Isa Guha both predicted after the Adelaide Test.

Joining the network’s new podcast The Follow-On, cricket broadcasting doyen Bhogle said India once feared Perth, but expected it to no longer.

“It’s a peculiar situation. Typically, India is always worried about playing in Brisbane and in Perth because of the pace and the bounce and the spice. But I think this Indian team wouldn’t mind it,” he told the program.

“This Indian team would fancy a track like that because they will think their bowlers can make it harder for Australia’s batsmen rather than the other way around.

“I don’t think they’ll be worried by the spice but it will make for a good game. I like seeing matches where the bowlers are asking hard questions of the batsmen.”

Former England international Guha agreed, saying India’s bowlers will also be licking their lips in anticipation of a quick wicket.

“Looking forward to Perth; I think India has a quality bowling attack that will also do well if the wicket is as quick as has been anticipated,” she wrote in a column for foxsports.com.au. “The second Test is going to be about who handles that pace better.

“We saw the Perth wicket in the first ODI against South Africa a few weeks ago was quick, but it was also a bit two-paced at times. It’s going to be interesting to see how it plays.”

South Africa’s pace attack ran riot at Perth Stadium last month, claiming seven of Australia’s wickets for 15.29, as the visitors won by six wickets.

That match offered some clues as to how the pitch will play, although there is yet to be a Test match played at the venue.

Curator Brett Sipthorpe offered more, labelling his wicket as “fiery” and “bouncy” while also predicting swing will be on offer.

“I want to see the bowlers with the upper hand for a change … pace and bounce gives them that weaponry,” he told PerthNow this week.

Justin Langer on Tuesday said that he’s “fascinated” by the Perth Stadium wicket and was eager to see it in Test shape.

“There’s been one four-day game in its history there. Certainly there was some pace and bounce,” he said.

“And we saw some pace and bounce in it during the one-dayers and the T20 games.”

That’s something which Kerry O’Keeffe believes still favours Australia.

“I think Australia has a big chance to get right back into the series in Perth,” he said.

“The biggest chance for Australia to pick up a win this series is there because the ball will come onto the bat nicely.

“There might be some sideways movement but this is a team that wants the ball to come onto the bat, so it should be competitive there.”

India only won one match in four visits to the WACA.