Czech Lukas Rosol and Jerzy Janowicz of Poland both came through tight three-setters to advance to the final of the Winston-Salem Open on Saturday.

Rosol continued his excellent recent form to overcome Taiwan's Lu Yen-Hsun 7-5 4-6 6-4 in two hours and four minutes.

The Czech has reached the quarter-final or better at his last five tournaments and will now contest his third final of the year – although he is still looking for a first title in 2014.

He broke Lu a total of four times during a hard-fought encounter, with just a single break enough to decide a tense final set.

"I'm happy for this result and I hope it's not finished yet," Rosol told the ATP Tour’s official website afterwards. "I was not down in the third set. I was the first one to break. You just have to (mentally) stay in the court.

Janowicz was also pushed all the way before securing his place in the final as he came from a set behind to beat home hope Sam Querrey 4-6 7-5 6-4.

The Pole needed two hours and 20 minutes to finally get the better of his big-serving opponent who fired down a total of 18 aces during the contest.

But it was Janowicz who held his nerve in the decider and he will now go in search of an elusive first ATP Tour title against Rosol.