BOLSTERED by an almost flawless lead-in, Ash Barty believes she is on the cusp of delivering the Wimbledon stampede she has long threatened.

A former junior champion at the All England Club, Barty is yet to win a singles match here in open competition - an anomaly she is desperate to correct.

The Queenslander is considered by many to be a serious threat to Garbine Muguruza’s crown and, after three strong tournaments in preparation, Barty says she is ready.

“I feel great. I felt like during the clay I played well, going a little bit unrewarded, so it was certainly nice to get that reward first up on the grass,” she said, referring to Nottingham title victory.

“I’ve had a few tough draws here, to be honest, and felt like I haven’t done too much wrong.

“But I feel like I’m in a different place now. Lot more experienced, I feel like I know how to go about it around the slams a lot better, know how to plan the days leading in, plan the day of the match.

“It’s certainly a different vibe here at Wimbledon but we’re excited and ready to go.”

Since losing to Serena Williams in quality three-setter, Barty advanced to wins over Naomi Osaka and Jo Konta to win Nottingham before losses to Julia Goerges and Australian Open champion Caroline Wozniacki at Birmingham and Eastbourne.

“I think the final against Jo (Konta in Nottingham) was pretty good quality,” she said.

“It was tricky conditions, and I think that was a little bit of a statement match for me.

“I knew I had to play well - Jo’s a great competitor and I felt like that was a really high-quality final.

“Obviously the match against Wozniacki (in Eastbourne) was good as well; there’s a few things I’d like to change about it but you can’t do that now. But nah, I feel good.”

Alja Tomljanovic is the first of four Australian women in action on Monday night.

She plays American 10th seed Madison Keys.

Barty takes on Swiss Stefanie Voegele on Tuesday, when Sam Stosur (Shuai Peng) and Daria Gavrilova (Zarina Diyas) also start their campaigns.