Arsene Wenger was pleased with his side's response to their December defeat against opponents Stoke as they cruised to a 3-0 home victory.

Alexis Sanchez capped an outstanding individual display with two goals while Laurent Koscielny scored the other to send the Gunners up to fifth in the Premier League.

And after suffering a dramatic 3-2 Premier League defeat at the Britannia Stadium, Wenger felt his side showed real determination to avenge their loss with a confident display in front of their home fans.

"We played with a good pace and good rhythm throughout the game," the Frenchman told Sky Sports.

"Overall, it was a controlled and deserved win. We scored goals and kept a clean sheet. I thought we gave a good response to what happened to us at Stoke.

"We knew it was important to start strong because usually Stoke, one of their strengths is to score early goals, but of course we created plenty of chances.

"He (Sanchez) is a player, even when he loses the ball, he can be a danger because he can win it back quickly and many times he surprises opponents by that."

Mathieu Debuchy suffering a dislocated shoulder and Wenger added: "It's unfortunate. For how long he will be out I do not know. It's a big blow (with Manchester City to come). He's reliable and can also play at centre-back so I hope we don't lose him for a long time."