Gresini Racing have announced that they will run Aprilia prototypes in MotoGP™ from next year, in an agreement which extends to 2018.

This partnership will allow Aprilia Racing to take advantage of Gresini Racing's significant contribution in terms of MotoGP experience and know-how. Gresini Racing will manage Aprilia bikes on track in MotoGP for four years, starting from the 2015 season.

Fausto Gresini, Team Manager, commented, “I am very glad that Aprilia identified Gresini Racing as the ideal partner to enter the MotoGP World Championship. I would like to thank the Piaggio Group for giving me a fantastic opportunity, that is working closely with such a glorious manufacturer; an Italian brand that has become synonymous with a passion for racing, reaching amazing results worldwide.”

“The four-year agreement between Gresini Racing and Aprilia opens a new chapter in our history: in this moment I feel a great responsibility, but the motivation to succeed in this exciting, all Italian challenge is even bigger. The Grand Prix world is part of the Aprilia brand and to represent it in the premier class, the MotoGP World Championship, is a source of great pride for all of us. An incredible reward for the work done in all these years by Gresini Racing.”