The scene player Serey Die weeping copiously during the national anthem of Ivory Coast before the match against Colombia won the world and soon the news that the crying was due to the discovery of the death of his father, came hours before.

Many people took the opportunity to leave messages of support on the social networks of the player. But Serey Die tried to deny the story. Both in your Instagram account, as in his official fan club on Facebook, it was reported that the information was wrong, his father died in 2004 and that crying was even excitement for defending his country in a World Cup.

"Hello, just wanted to say that it's wrong what they all say, that moved me because of my dad, because he died in 2004. Was just a thrill to be in a World Cup and serve my country, Côte d'Ivoire . I never thought one day to be at this level of competition, "the athlete said, in French.

The false news spread quickly and gained vehicles worldwide, including FIFA. It is not known how the rumor began mistaken