The tears flowed freely as 'The History Boy' wrote another chapter in his illustrious career on Sunday at the All England Club.

Three years on from ending Great Britain's 77-year wait for a male champion at SW19, Andy Murray captured his second Wimbledon crown and third major championship overall as he defeated Milos Raonic 6-4, 7-6(3), 7-6(2).
Watched by HRH The Duke of Cambridge and HRH The Duchess of Cambridge from the front of the Royal Box, Murray became the 12th player in the Open

Era to win multiple Wimbledon titles.Interviewed by Sue Barker on court, Murray said, "This is the most important tournament for me every year. I've had some great moments here and also some tough losses. The wins feel extra special because of the tough losses. I'm proud to have my hands on the trophy again.

"I played really good stuff today. Milos has had a great few weeks on the grass and had some unbelievable wins. His match against Roger in the semis was a great, great match. He is one of the hardest workers out there, always trying to improve and get better."

Victory marked Murray's first Grand Slam championship victory since his Wimbledon triumph in 2013, when he defeated Novak Djokovic. Murray had also beaten the Serbian one year earlier to lift his first major trophy at the US Open.