England’s power-packed line-up will carry them to World Cup glory, according to champion paceman James Anderson.

While Anderson is not part of his country’s one-day set up – he last played a 50-over match at international level in 2015 – he is in no doubt who the team to beat is in England next year.

England have made three World Cup finals – in 1979, 1987 and 1992 – but finished runners-up on each occasion.

But under skipper Eoin Morgan, England have established themselves as a feared limited-overs outfit since their group stage exit at the 2015 World Cup and sit in the No.1 spot on the rankings, ahead of India and New Zealand.

They have won their past nine ODI series but suffered a shock six-run defeat against Scotland in June.

England were also eliminated in the semi-finals of the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy on home soil by eventual champions Pakistan.

Cricket’s showpiece event will be hosted by England and Wales next year, with England facing South Africa in the tournament’s opening match on May 30.

The World Cup final will be staged at the iconic Lord’s on July 14, and Anderson expects the host nation to feature and hoist the silverware

“There's no-one really anywhere near (England) in the one-day form, probably India is the closest,” said Anderson, England’s leading wicket-taker in Test cricket, on the BBC Tailenders podcast.

“I think in our conditions I don't think anyone is going to come near us, so I think we've really got to screw up if we don't win the World Cup.”

England boasts four players in the top-10 ODI run-scorers for 2018 – Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Jason Roy and Morgan.

Spinners Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali have led the way with the ball, claiming 72 wickets between them this year.

Sixth-ranked Australia have lost nine of their past 10 ODIs against their Ashes rival, going down 4-1 at home last summer and 5-0 away in June.

England piled on a record ODI score of 6-481 in the third match of the last series against Australia, with Alex Hales and Bairstow scoring whirlwind centuries at Nottingham.

While Australia were without Steve Smith and David Warner (both suspended) and pace bowlers Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins (all injured), the display underlined just how formidable an opponent England are.

“I don't want to put too much pressure on the lads, but the way that England play, the talent we've got, the players we've got and the way we play as a team I just think we've got all bases covered,” Anderson said.

England’s next ODI series is against the West Indies in February.