ADELAIDE’S now infamous “cult-like” pre-season camp continues to make ripples in the AFL world, after the Crows hosted their best and fairest on the weekend.

Coach Don Pyke acknowledged mistakes had been made.

But Adelaide chairman Rob Chapman said he “wouldn’t delve into the matter” as he addressed the players and their families.

Former Crow Stephen Rowe fired up on Footy SA, saying “sorry was not enough”. However, AFL legend Wayne Carey believes the club would be best served by moving on from the incident.

And in order to make his point, Carey took aim at journalist Sam McClure, with a heated exchange ensuing between the pair.

McClure - along with a plethora of reporters - have been highly critical of Crows head of footy Brett Burton and chief executive Andrew Fagan.

But Carey said the notion the pair should be held wholly responsible was unfair.

Here’s how the exchange went on Talking Footy.

Carey: Why is it when someone at a footy club makes a mistake or they have one bad year the right thing to do is sack, sack sack. I’m saying (Brett) Burton and (Andrew) Fagan had very little to do with the camp.

McClure: Hang on, one’s the CEO and one’s the head of footy, running the entire football program. How can they have nothing to do with the camp?

Carey: I’m telling you, Sam, that those two had very little to do with the camp.

McClure: So who decided on the camp then?

Carey: I’m just telling you that those two didn’t.

McClure: But you’re unwilling to say what actually did happen.

Carey: I know those two didn’t. I know (Don) Pyke, the senior coach, would be right across the issue. But they’ve all admitted now with the camp they’ve done some things wrong. Why don’t we just move on? Because I tell you what all the Adelaide players want to do and everyone at that footy club — including Burton and Fagan and everyone else — they want to move forward. And people just keep fishing around for all this rubbish.

McClure: It’s not fishing and it’s not rubbish.

Carey: It just keeps going on and on and on. It’s a camp. They got a few things wrong. They just want to move on.

McClure: It sounds like someone might have given you a phone call from South Australia today. That’s what it sounds like.

Carey: Well, do you talk to anyone from South Australia when you speak about the things you speak about?

McClure: Absolutely, Duck. But you’ve come in pretty fired up when you haven’t been that fired up on the issue before. It sounds like someone is feeding you information.