IF we thought Robert Walls would be humbled - perhaps even silenced - when his outlandish pre-season prediction about West Coast proved wildly astray, we were wrong.

So very, very wrong.

Walls has been lampooned by fans ever since the Eagles emerged as genuine contenders during a 10-match unbeaten run from round two.

But the premiership coach hasn’t backed into the shadows, landing one last blow on West Coast’s campaign when interviewed on Fox Sports.

“I think Collingwood will win and win easily,” Walls told AFL Tonight.

He added that his earlier comments were designed to be motivational.

“They needed some outside stimulus, I thought,” he said.

“They needed somebody from outside the state because everybody pumps them up over there.

“They’re not going to win the wooden spoon but if they win the premiership I promise you one thing, I’m not coming here next Monday.”

His comments are stark in contrast to those made by Mick Malthouse, who claimed flags with the Eagles in 1992 and 1994, and Collingwood in 2010.

Malthouse backed a close contest and favoured West Coast to be holding the cup by Saturday night.

“I think this one will go down to the wire,” Malthouse told Channel Seven.

“They’re both deserving, they both play high velocity football in finals but I’m leaning towards West Coast.

“I just think they’ve got probably just a little bit more in their forward line to kick a bigger score.”