WEST Coast veteran Mark LeCras is leaning towards wanting to play on following the club’s premiership win, ahead of an important medical appointment this week.

The 32-year-old forward is out of contract after receiving a one-year deal to play on this season.

Saturday’s stunning five-point grand final victory over Collingwood at the MCG completed a fairytale script for LeCras, who finally got a premiership medal 12 years after he was dropped as a youngster during the 2006 finals series.

But the 219-game veteran, the oldest player in the Eagles’ squad, said he wasn’t keen to end his career now. LeCras is set to hold talks with the club over his future this week and he will also have his wrist injury assessed.

“I’ve got to go see the doctors after this and probably get surgery on my wrist, and then we’ll sit down and talk to the club about that,” LeCras said.

“Why would you want to stop? There’s two ways to think about it, but I’ll see what the club want to do and what I want to do. But I’m obviously loving my footy at the moment mate, we’ve just won the flag.”

LeCras went scoreless from 10 disposals in the grand final, but played a key role in last weekend’s thumping preliminary final win over Melbourne when he kicked three goals.

LeCras said the flag meant “everything” to him and he paid tribute to the 2006 side he missed out on for teaching him how hard he needed to work.

“It’s just a great feeling. We’re such close mates as players and to be bonded for life now by winning a premiership is something I just can’t believe,” he said.

“The amount I learnt from those guys (in 2006) that played in that flag and being able to be a part of it, like a lot of guys are in the squad now, really drove me for the rest of my career.

“At the stage I’m at in my career now, to be able to get one, a lot of credit goes to those guys for just showing me how hard I needed to work to become an AFL footballer.

“It’s something you always dream for personally and I’ve had to wait my whole career to get it. Either way, you’d take it wouldn’t you?”

LeCras start the nightmare start didn’t bring memories back for him of the 2015 grand final capitulation to Hawthorn.

“It’s a different feeling. I still felt like we knew what we needed to do to get back into it,” he said.

“It was just they made the most of their opportunities when they got them and we didn’t really. We needed to lock it in our half and I feel like we really turned it around.”