“It is another goal. It is another game down. We have got another game in a couple of weeks.”

Lewis Jetta might have celebrated his critical goal in last Saturday night’s qualifying final against Collingwood with Cristiano Ronaldo flourish, but he was back down to earth pretty quickly in the aftermath.

Jetta planned the goal celebration pre-match after watching videos of Ronaldo and other soccer superstars celebrate their goals.

“I was watching Cristiano Ronaldo’s highlights and celebrations and I thought if I get a chance and kick a goal I am going to do one — just get the boys up and about a bit. It came at the right time,” he said.

Jetta also revealed he sensed he might get a chance when Collingwood had to get extra numbers in defence as West Coast attacked them relentlessly late in the game.

“I was just pushing up, thinking I maybe a chance here,” he said.

“My opponent was getting deep inside the attacking 50 for us. I figured I would just hold out there and hope they tried to switch the ball.

“They did and the ball just came to the perfect spot for me.

“I tapped it to myself, baulked a couple and then snapped it.

“I had to watch it for a little while because I was thinking if it bounced left we were going to have to set up for the kick-in. Until it went over the line — then I just celebrated.”

Jetta said he had watched earlier finals last weekend and decided basic football was required to get a result under the increased heat of battle.

“It seemed that whoever was composed and played predictable football was winning,” he said.

“Teams that tried to be tricky and play with flair struggled.

“Teams that were predictable and kicked longer were winning games.

“I tried to pride myself on that and it worked out in a big game. Just do the basics, be clean, get the ball in deep.”

Jetta acknowledged the loss of Brad Sheppard to a hamstring injury was a blow, but felt the club’s ability to find more defenders throughout the year would stand it in good stead in the coming finals.

“We have Tommy Cole who has come into the team early and cemented his spot,” Jetta said.

“Liam Duggan has come from the midfield as well and has cemented his spot and I came from the midfield too. We have a unit that has played the whole season together.

“We have a very good defender to come in, Will Schofield, and Ozzie Allen could come in as well.

“We have got a lot of boys who might not be A-graders yet but they just come in and play their role.”