EBONY Marinoff is the toughest player in the AFL Women’s, according to her coach, after notching 11 stitches in just two matches.

The reigning rising star copped an elbow to her face in Adelaide’s six-point win over Carlton in Darwin on Friday night, having split her tongue less than a week prior.

“I think ‘Noffy’ has had 11 stitches in two (games) in her head, first her tongue and now the face,” Crows coach Bec Goddard said.

“She’s the toughest player in the competition. She does really hard work for us and we just tried to fill the hole while she was on and off the ground (receiving treatment).

“She’s just unreal.”

Marinoff had five stitches in her cheek and returned to the field and finished the game with 16 tackles.

Adelaide co-captain Chelsea Randall described her teammate as a “warrior”.

“She just goes in hard and she just attacks the footy with everything,” she said on ABC.

“She’s an absolute trooper and I remember chatting to her at about three-quarter time and I could just see that she was in so much pain, but you can just see that she wants to play her role for the team and just loves her football so much.”

Marinoff, 20, yesterday thanked those on social media who had rallied to wish her well after her two graphic injuries.

“Unlucky week for me but so proud to be a part of this special group who I’d play with a broken leg for if I could,” she tweeted.

“A busted tongue a black eye and 11 stitches is bloody worth 2 wins!!!!”