FREMANTLE has ticked off one of the club’s biggest off-season goals, with young gun Adam Cerra signing a two-year contract extension.

Cerra had been the last remaining top-10 pick from last year’s draft class not to have re-signed with the club that selected him, leading to speculation about his future at the Dockers.

But Fremantle this afternoon quelled fears of a potential exit by penning a two-year deal beyond his existing contract, tying him to the club until at least the end of 2021.

The No.5 draft pick said he was “really excited” to be a part of the Dockers’ rebuild.

“We are a young group and it was really exciting when we were playing well and I’m sure we will continue to build on that,” Cerra said.

“I’ve made a lot of really close friendships here, there was 10 of us drafted last year and I’m close with all those guys.

“We’re a really tight knit group, so I’m excited about the future playing alongside them.”

Cerra played all bar one game in his debut season, with a 30-disposal outing against Adelaide in Round 12 followed up by a Rising Star nomination against Melbourne a month later.

The 18-year-old averaged 14 disposals and added seven goals while showing signs of his immense potential this year.

Cerra said he had always planned to deal with his contract at season’s end.

“I went into the season wanting to put all that behind me and just focus on my footy, I knew once the season was over I would sit down and extend my contract,” Cerra said.

“Personally, I want to keep improving my game, hopefully get a bit more time in the midfield and learn from Nat Fyfe.”

Cerra’s re-signing comes as welcome news amid a testing week for Fremantle, with football manager Chris Bond set to join list manager Brad Lloyd in departing the club and Lachie Neale the subject of trade talk.

Dockers chief executive Steve Rosich described Cerra’s debut campaign as “outstanding” and said he was a pivotal figure in the club’s future.

“With the introduction of 22 new players since the end of 2016, it is really important that someone of Adam’s character and talent is with us long term as we are focused on bringing our cohort of young players through together,” Rosich said.

“He believes in what we are doing and where we are going as a football club… and we very much believe in him.”