Xiaomi has announced a new manufacturing plant in India. This facility is located in NOIDA, Utter Pradesh and made in partnership with Hipad Technology. This is the third manufacturing facility started by Xiaomi since it started doing business in India in 2014.

This new manufacturing facility is dedicated entirely to manufacturing power bank. Spread across 230,000 square feet, the facility is able to manufacture 7 power banks per minute during its operational hours.

Xiaomi has also announced two new Power Banks exclusively for India that will be manufactured entirely within the new facility. The new 10000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i and 20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i are largely similar to the 2-series Mi Power Banks that came before it except for some minor physical differences and a second output port on the 10000mAh model. However, they are significantly cheaper, with the 10000mAh model costing INR 799 ($12) compared to INR 1099 ($17) of the previous model and the 20000mAh model being priced at INR 1499 ($23) compared to INR 1999 ($30) of the previous model.

The new models will be available starting 12PM IST on November 23 on Mi.com and Mi Home retail stores. Following that, Power Bank 2i will also go on sale across Mi Preferred Partner stores and all Large Format Retail partners in December.