Jay Freeman (saurik)
‏@saurik

FWIW, it is entirely possible that someone, using techniques I find "sloppy"--the kind of stuff that led to the iOS 11 stability issues (lots of kernel data patches to do stuff like mark processes as being actively debugged) can make A12 work easily--_I_ have no interest in that.

This community operates under a broken concept of software that "anyone can update anything": no, if you are able to update something like Substrate, you can also rewrite it from scratch: jailbreaks and code injection tools are the result of hard research, not engineering effort.

_If_ (yes: "if") I ever release A12 Substrate, it will not only be because I found a good way to achieve the goal that I consider "stable", but it will also be because I have, at least momentarily, come to enjoy the process of working on it again; that might _never_ come to pass.

In the mean time, I owe nobody anything and nothing I have would help anyone anyway (and particularly won't help anyone trying to support A12). I really wish everyone would just forget Cydia exists and move on with their lives; anything would be better than dealing with all this.

Truly, jailbreaking should have stopped during the iOS 9 era, if not before; there is a reason essentially all of the reasonable developers left long ago and the community is largely now run by bullies. Everything that we do now just digs jailbreaking a deeper hole, full of fail.