Users of Samsung's Messages app are facing a weird issue. Several of them have confirmed their entire galleries of photos has been sent to a random contact, and the scary part is the whole process happened without leaving a trace (meaning the sent photos didn't show up at their end).

"So... S9s have been sporadically sending the entire contents of one's gallery to a contact via SMS, and it doesn't show up on your side. Might be worth checking logs on your carrier's site, because it happened on my T-Mobile Note8

Last night around 2:30 am, my phone sent her my entire photo gallery over text but there was no record of it on my messages app. However, there was record of it on tmobile logs. Why would this happen?

It's been confirmed to be the Samsung Messages app"

The bug reportedly appeared after the latest update of the Samsung Messages app. So irrespective of the Samaung device you're using as well as your carrier, you're affected if you have the update.

The only workaround currently available is to deny storage access to the app, something which you can do by heading to Settings -> Apps -> Samsung Messages -> Permissions -> Storage. There's no word from Samsung on the matter so far.