Xiaomi has barely started offering its Mi Note Pro flagship to customers in China, and we’re already hearing rumors regarding the company’s plans for the upcoming months.

Analyst Pan Jiutang, who also called the Snapdragon 818 rumors “rubbish” a few days ago, comes up with some predictions related to Xiaomi’s upcoming plans.

According to him, the Chinese phone maker is looking to introduce a new smartphone powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 chip, as reported by Gizmo China.

LG was the first device maker to roll out a phone (the G4) taking advantage of this particular architecture. And now it looks like Xiaomi is going to follow suit.

The analyst says that the new device should be similar to the recently unveiled Mi 4i, which is a model offered on the Indian market. The phone is expected to bear the same colorful plastic-clad look and is rumored to cost between $209 / €183 and $242 / €212, which is similar to what the Mi 4i sells for.

An international Mi 4i might be coming

We’re not given any information about purported specifications of the phone, but given the fact that the new device should be similar to the Mi 4i, we can only speculate that specs should be comparable.

For those who weren’t around when the Mi 4i launched, the phone arrives with a 5-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution. It bundles a 64-bit Snapdragon 615 SoC under hood with an octa-core 1.7GHz CPU and the Adreno 405 GPU. 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage will also be present on board.

Don’t expect to find a microSD card slot, though, because Xiaomi has been pretty clear that they don’t support such a feature inside their phones.

Moving on, the Mi 4i features back and front-facing cameras, of 13MP and 5MP varieties, respectively. The phone is powered by a 3,120 mAh battery and runs Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box with the company’s MIUI 6 on top.

The new phone might turn out to be a different Mi 4i version powered by Snapdragon 808 aimed at the international market, but we don’t have an official confirmation on this.